Things to do on Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria Island is a beautiful destination in Florida known for its stunning beaches, clear waters, and laid-back atmosphere. Here are some things you can do on Anna Maria Island:
- Relax on the Beaches: Anna Maria Island has plenty of beaches to choose from on this 7 mile long barrier island, including the popular Coquina Beach and Manatee Beach with concession stands and public bath facilities. These beaches offer crystal-clear waters, white sand, and plenty of sunshine, making them perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
- Explore the Island on a Bike: The island has a number of bike rental companies that offer rentals by the hour, day or week. Riding around the island is a great way to take in the scenery, explore the neighborhoods, and get some exercise.
- Go Fishing: The island is home to some of the best fishing spots in Florida, with plenty of opportunities to catch snook, tarpon, redfish, and more. You can go fishing from the shore, book a charter boat, or fish from a local pier.
- Visit the Local Parks: Anna Maria Island has a number of parks that are great for picnicking, and enjoying nature. Some popular parks include Bayfront Park, Coquina Baywalk, and Grassy Point Preserve.
- Take a Dolphin Watching Tour: Dolphins are a common sight around Anna Maria Island, and there are several companies that offer dolphin watching tours. These tours are a great way to see these playful animals up close and learn about their behavior and habitat. They’re also often seen right from the beach.
- Visit the Local Museums: Anna Maria Island has a rich history, and there are several museums that showcase the island’s past. The Anna Maria Island Historical Society Museum, the Florida Maritime Museum in Cortez, and the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota are all worth a visit.
- Enjoy the Local Cuisine: Anna Maria Island has a vibrant food scene, with plenty of restaurants and cafes to choose from. Some local favorites include the Freckled Fin Irish Pub, Slim’s Place, the Waterfront Restaurant, and The Donut Experiment.
Overall, Anna Maria Island offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages, from relaxing on the beach to exploring the local attractions.